An interdisciplinary symposium in the Humanities and Social Sciences
Hosted by the Newcastle Critical Discourse Group (NCDG) http://www.criticaldiscoursegroup.net/
Wednesday 18th May 2016, 11am-5pm, Newcastle University, KGVI.LT1
The NCDG is organizing a half-day symposium for PhD researchers across the social sciences. This would be a great opportunity for PGR students at all stages to present their work, get feedback and build networks across the faculty through a friendly and supportive environment. The event is not limited to research in critical discourse studies. We invite submissions on any topic related the theme of the symposium.
– If you would like to present you can reserve a place on the symposium programme by sending a title and abstract (150-250 words) to Pomelo (email@example.com) and May (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by 5pm on Sunday 15th May 2016.
– Alongside your title and abstract, please include your full contact details and a brief biographical note (your name, your school & university)
– Please also specify in which stage of your PhD research you think you are (e.g. early, middle or final stage).
– Presentations will be around 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for Q&A
– The symposium will be closed with a round-table discussion, chaired by Majid Khosravinik and Darren Kelsey to ask further questions and continue discussion on general issues of research at PhD level
– PhD students in Newcastle University HASS faculty are strongly encouraged to attend and present at this event
– Fellow PhD researchers from other universities are also very welcome. We would love to hear about other research environments
– Please feel welcome to join us and attend this unique event even if you are not delivering a paper. The full event programme will be made available in advance of the day.
– If you do wish to present but you would like to attend, please send an email to our organising team (lunch will be provided if you confirm your attendance in advance): Suwannamas Lekngam (Pomelo) at email@example.com Mesirin Kwanjai (May) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we hope to see you at the symposium.
Organising committee members